Querry on whether Eclipse can use WinCVS without client-server confiiguration

Discussion in 'Java' started by swapan.s1, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. swapan.s1

    swapan.s1 Guest

    Hi ,

    I have created my Code repository on a local system. I have installed
    CVS (which is a plug-in to the Eclipse). As i am not using client-
    server configuration, no protocol like ssh, or pserver, i am using.

    When i am using eclipse, taking CVS as a plugin for Eclipse , i am
    doing teh following operation:

    ADD A REPOSITORY.

    It asks me for:

    1. Host
    2. repository Path
    3. User
    4. Password
    5. Connection Type

    My Understanding:
    --------------------------

    1. Host : Local system name
    2. repository Path: Locatin of CVSRoot

    For These fields i am not sure:

    3. User:
    4. Password
    5. Connection Type

    For connection type, it gives following options: pserver, ssh, ext
    etc. As these clients are not running, and my repository is local,
    can't i access teh location without these clients running.

    Please suggest me for this issue. Also correct me if my understanding
    is wrong.

    Thanks...
    swapan.s1, Jul 18, 2007