    while using Excel.

    Is this normal behaviour?

    (Using v2.03 and ActivePerl 5.8.4 on XP )
    A Ymous, Sep 10, 2004

  2. A Ymous

    Carl Inglis Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:01:05 +0000 (UTC), A Ymous
    <> wrote:

    >When I close a spreadsheet generated by Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
    >containing formulas (using $worksheet->write_formula), Excel always asks
    >if I want to save the changes made even if no changes have been made
    >while using Excel.
    >
    >Is this normal behaviour?
    >
    >(Using v2.03 and ActivePerl 5.8.4 on XP )

    (Please excuse late reply; I'm scanning forward through the group to
    see if the answer to my current question has been previously posted).

    I suspect that you're using Office XP or 2003.

    The documentation for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel says: "The Excel file
    produced by this module is compatible with Excel 5, 95, 97, 2000, and
    2002."

    Excel has had to convert one or more parts of the file (probably the
    formulas in this instance) to the later version. This has caused it to
    mark the file as "changed".

    Hope that helps,

    Carl
    --
    "Rude alert. Rude alert. An electrical fire has knocked out my voice
    recognition unicycle. Many Wurlitzers are missing from my database. Abandon
    Carl Inglis, Dec 2, 2004