Query ASP to GET XML via HTTP Post URGENT HELP PLEASE

Aliandro

Hi I am really stuck and need some expertise help please.
I have an XML file:
<XML>
<USER_INFO>
<USERNAME>username</USERNAME>
<PASSWORD>password%</PASSWORD>
</USER_INFO>
<SITE_INFO>
<SITE_NO>18856</SITE_NO>
</SITE_INFO>
</XML>

I am trying to use HTTP Post to send the above XML to an ASP page, this is
the code I am using to send the XML to the ASP Page.
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function getPage()
{
var objHTTP = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
objHTTP.Open('POST','http://websitetoxmlgateway/xmlgateway.asp',false,'username','password%')
//gateway where the ASP page is
objHTTP.Send("http://mywebsite/note.xml") //my xml file
document.all['A1'].innerText= objHTTP.status
document.all['A2'].innerText= objHTTP.statusText
document.all['A3'].innerText= objHTTP.responseText
document.all['A4'].innerText= objHTTP.responseXML
document.all['A5'].innerText= objHTTP.responseXML.nodeName;
}
</script>
</head>

<h2>Using the HttpRequest Object</h2>

<b>status:</b>

<b>status text:</b>

<b>response:</b>

<b>response2:</b>
<b>response3:</b>

When I do the Post and run the above file on my server it tells me the
following Error Message.
<XMLRESPONSE><ERRORS><ERROR><COMPONENT>RX_RMS</COMPONENT><INTERFACE>IGateway</INTERFACE><METHOD>Execute</METHOD><TEXT>"USERNAME"
node missing or empty [2]</TEXT><DATETIME>02 Feb 2005
08:40:03</DATETIME></ERROR></ERRORS></XMLRESPONSE>

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Ali

Martin Honnen

Aliandro said:
[...]

I think the send method wants you to pass in a document itself as an
object or the XML as a string but what you have simply sends the string
with the URL. So try
var xmlDocument = new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLDOM');
xmlDocument.async = false;
xmlDocument.load('http://mywebsite/note.xml');
objHTTP.send(xmlDocument);
for a start but take note that all that synchronous loading might be
easier for a quick test but in the end you should change to asynchronous
sent.

In general script in a HTML page loaded via HTTP can only connect back
to the server the page comes from so I wonder whether those attempts
simply fail as you are trying to load XML from or POST XML to another
server.
So it is crucial if you have further problems that you tell us exactly
how you load that HTML page with the script, is that loaded from the
local file system (e.g. file: URL)? Then at least you would have a
chance to connect to different servers.