    support it, how much of the
    C++ language does it support.

    , Oct 2, 2006

  2. SuperKoko Guest

    wrote:
    > Am wondering whether Borland C++ 4.5 or Borland Turbo C++ 1.01
    > supported C++ templates.

    AFAIK, Turbo C++ 1.01 doesn't support templates, but Borland C++ 4.5
    does. But the support is not very good.
    I know quite well Borland C++ 5.0. And, I can say it doesn't support
    member templates, but it supports default template parameters and
    partial specialization of template classes.
    An annoying thing with Borland C++ 5.0 (and thus, probably Borland C++
    4.5) is that the iostream library is not templatized and is not in
    namespace std, though the STL is in namespace std.

    > If not, which
    > other future version of BC++ or TC++ did? If BC++ 4.5 or TC++ 1.01 does
    > support it, how much of the
    > C++ language does it support.

    Borland C++ 5.5 has a much better support for templates than previous
    versions.
    It has a full support (with a few minor bugs) of templates, including
    member templates of template and non-template classes.
    It's enough to program comfortably, using all the language.

    But, AFAIK, Borland C++ 5.5 is not available as 16 bits compiler.
    You can download it freely on Borland's web site.

    SuperKoko, Oct 2, 2006