QUERY: Client-side DataGrid for faster fluid feel?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andrew Wan, Jan 26, 2007.

  1. Andrew Wan

    Andrew Wan Guest

    Is it possible to make some of the DataGrid functionality to client-side?
    Such as the Edit, Update, Cancel, Delete functionality? Everytime I click on

    row's Edit button, I wait 2 seconds before I see the Edit controls (eg.
    textboxes, drop-down combos, checkboxes). I understand that the DataGrid's
    Edit,

    Cancel, Update, Delete functions are server-side because it uses ASP.NET
    postback handler functions.

    What I like is these Edit, Cancel, Update, Delete functions being on
    client-side, but uses AJAX requests in background. This would make the user
    feel fluid

    editing (opposed to the 2 seconds delay for each DataGrid button pressed).

    Is this possible with the standard DataGrid? Or can the DataGrid be
    overrided so that the Edit, Cancel, Update, Delete functions operate on
    client-side, and

    sends the actual Update/Delete command using AJAX? This is so much faster
    and better than the current slow DataGrid.

    If one has to code all this functionality manually, how would one go about
    it?

    If I don't see much prospect of the DataGrid, I'll eventually abandon
    ASP.NET with GWT.

    Andrew Wan, Jan 26, 2007

  2. Andrew Wan

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Andrew Wan" <> wrote in message

    > Is it possible to make some of the DataGrid functionality to client-side?

    http://anthemdotnet.com/examples/DataGrid.aspx

    The latest build now has support for all of the new v2 controls e.g.
    GridView etc.

    Mark Rae, Jan 26, 2007