    component to talk with SMS gateway. Is there any idea?

    Thanks
    Jonathan Woods

    Jonathan Woods, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Most of the SMSC's out there provide a web based interface to receive and
    send SMS. Send is really easy, as its just an outbound connection via http,
    as is inbound if your provider is setup. In the UK someone like this
    provides a good service:
    http://ws.textanywhere.net/web/Products/TextPremium_OutPayments.aspx

    Just look around for inbound SMS on google for your country.

    If its for small scale, you can do it yourself with a mobile phone and a
    datacable - you just need some software like Ozeki server or nowSMS to
    handle the communication between your asp.net code and the phone.

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \( MVP \), Jan 6, 2006

  3. Jonathan Woods

    P. Wills Guest

    Jonathan,
    I've had good experience with Clickatell (www.clickatell.com). The API is
    kind of annoying (mixes HTTP QueryString GET and HTTP XML POST) but the
    service works and is affordable. I use it for several commercial
    applications.

    P. Wills, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Jonathan Woods

    aqler

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    aqler, Jul 17, 2008
  5. Jonathan Woods

    AltaVista

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    There is really cheap provider for inbound sms-service, including for submitting query data via sms: 2-waysms.com

    It has free trial and unlimited keywords.

    AltaVista, Dec 12, 2009