    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/htm/asp/iiwadbug.htm

    It seems possible, however I can't seem to get it working.

    Anyway knows how to debug ASP scripts efficiently?

    KevinGPO, Jan 23, 2006

  2. KevinGPO wrote:
    > I am currently developing a website in ASP (VBScript) using MS Visual
    > C#.NET IDE.

    This is a contradiction in terms. VBScript is typically used in classic ASP
    applications (to which this newsgroup is devoted). Are you creating an
    ASP.Net application (.aspx) or a classic ASP application (.asp)?

    > I just create a new "ASP.NET Web Application" and point
    > to my local webserver (IIS) of my website address. Then I just go
    > through each file/folder and right-click, selecting "Include in
    > project". The IDE is nice in that it checks, verifies id tags, etc.
    > What am wondering is whether it's possible to debug my ASP website
    > using the MS Visual Studio.NET's debugger.

    I have seen assertions in this newsgroup that classic ASP code can be
    debugged using VS.Net but I have never tried it myself. A more relevant
    newsgroup would be microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging

    > I did a google search for 'debugging ASP VBScript' and got:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/htm/asp/iiwadbug.htm
    >
    > It seems possible, however I can't seem to get it working.

    Post more details to the newsgroup I mentioned above. You won't get any help
    by saying " ... can't seem to get it working." You need to provide details
    about your symptoms.

    Bob Barrows
    PS. I'm removing the components group from this crosspost - it is completely
    irrelevant.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 23, 2006

  3. KevinGPO

    G. Vaught Guest

    You do know that ASP and ASP.Net are two different animals and VBScript is
    not compatible with ASP.Net and can not be used in Visual Studio 2003 or
    higher .Net

    So to answer your question. Your .Net application can't debug your ASP code.

    G. Vaught, Feb 6, 2006
  4. G. Vaught wrote:
    > You do know that ASP and ASP.Net are two different animals

    Very true

    > and VBScript is not compatible with ASP.Net

    huh? There is no reason one could not create a script block for vbscript
    code in a .aspx page ... not much reason to do so, but there is nothing to
    prevent it.

    > and can not be used in Visual
    > Studio 2003 or higher .Net

    Hmm, well, that's not true.
    I routinely edit classic ASP pages in VS 2003.

    > So to answer your question. Your .Net application can't debug your
    > ASP code.

    I've never tried it, but one person who sometimes posts to this newsgroup
    (.inetserver.asp.general) claims he regularly use VS 2003 to debug his
    classic ASP applications.

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general/msg/cad98c695cb3d639?hl=en&

    Here are some more:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?ie=...=gd&q=debug classic ASP .Net 2003&sa=N&tab=wg

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 6, 2006
  5. I use VS 2003 extensively to edit and debug classic ASP pages.

    Works fine.

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Feb 6, 2006