Peña, Botp

From: Nick Hird [mailto:[email protected]]=20
# I have been looking for some information on the net to use ruby and
# query my microsoft exchange inbox. I thought exchange was using IMAP
# but i guess i was wrong because i receive an "authentication not
# supported" error when i try and login. I tried both authentication
# types that i was able to find. So now i am on a quest to find out what
# the differences are so i can make my ruby app query my inbox. Any help
# would be appreciated.

if you're on windows, maybe this may help =
http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/08/automating-outlook-with-ruby-in=
box.html

kind regards -botp

koheik

Exchange supports IMAP4 but it's optional and turned off in default.
For the protocol, basic login (+SSL/TLS) and NTLM are supported but
CRAM-MD is not.

Kohei