query problem with Access database

HuskerGrad

Hi,

I am writing a Java application that uses an Access database. I have
the following query that has mulitple joins and a sum on one of the
fields:

Select a.date, b.name, sum(c.score) as total
from (table1 as a,
inner join table2 as b on a.person_id = b.id)
inner join table3 as c on a.game_id = c.id
group by a.date, b.name

If I run the query in Access, it works fine, but from within the Java
code, I get the SQLException "You tried to execute a query that does
not include the specified expression 'DATE' as part of an aggregate
function."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

David Segall

HuskerGrad said:
Hi,

I am writing a Java application that uses an Access database. I have
the following query that has mulitple joins and a sum on one of the
fields:

Select a.date, b.name, sum(c.score) as total
from (table1 as a,
inner join table2 as b on a.person_id = b.id)
inner join table3 as c on a.game_id = c.id
group by a.date, b.name

If I run the query in Access, it works fine, but from within the Java
code, I get the SQLException "You tried to execute a query that does
not include the specified expression 'DATE' as part of an aggregate
function."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DATE is a reserved word in SQL. Try changing the name of this column.

Sem

DATE is a reserved word in SQL. Try changing the name of this column.- Hide quoted text -

One of the thing you have to becareful is the syntax
ie the use of " and '
these make difference in your code
do first select and then you can do the other with the same pattern
Good luck

-sem