Query reg. C Program

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by vinnu, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. vinnu

    vinnu Guest

    Hi All,
    I am Vineela.
    Please guide me to write the C code to compare to .LST files which
    have characters, special characters and numbers.
    My requirement is :

    abc
    (1)df ?(0) ENG 0- bad leg
    1- leg b
    4- leg c
    ---
    ---
    ---

    (77) qwer ? (10)ENG 0- bad leg
    1- leg b

    This is how the content is .
    My Result file should be:

    abc (1)df ?(0) ENG 0- OK - <TIME STAMP>
    abc (1)df ?(0) ENG 1- NOK - <TIME STAMP> (if there is
    discrepancy).

    Please guide me. tomorrow i have to submit this.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Regards,
    Vineela
    vinnu, Mar 9, 2006

  2. vinnu wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I am Vineela.
    > Please guide me to write the C code to compare to .LST files which
    > have characters, special characters and numbers.
    > My requirement is :
    >
    > abc
    > (1)df ?(0) ENG 0- bad leg
    > 1- leg b
    > 4- leg c
    > ---
    > ---
    > ---
    >
    > (77) qwer ? (10)ENG 0- bad leg
    > 1- leg b
    >

    > This is how the content is .
    > My Result file should be:
    >
    > abc (1)df ?(0) ENG 0- OK - <TIME STAMP>
    > abc (1)df ?(0) ENG 1- NOK - <TIME STAMP> (if there is
    > discrepancy).
    >
    > Please guide me. tomorrow i have to submit this.

    Well, you should have started much earlier then...

    Apart from peopel here generally not being willing to do someone's
    homework, you do not state your problem at all clearly (or my
    caffeine/blood ratio has fallen below critical level).

    --
    BR, Vladimir
    Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 9, 2006

  3. vinnu

    novice Guest

    memset

    can any body explain me the "memset()" function with example.
    novice, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Re: memset

    novice wrote:
    > can any body explain me the "memset()" function with example.

    Do not hijak threads with non-related questions. I'm now posting this
    as a separate thread.
    Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 9, 2006
  5. vinnu

    Sunil Varma Guest

    vinnu wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I am Vineela.
    > Please guide me to write the C code to compare to .LST files which
    > have characters, special characters and numbers.
    > My requirement is :
    >
    > abc
    > (1)df ?(0) ENG 0- bad leg
    > 1- leg b
    > 4- leg c
    > ---
    > ---
    > ---
    >
    > (77) qwer ? (10)ENG 0- bad leg
    > 1- leg b
    >

    > This is how the content is .
    > My Result file should be:
    >
    > abc (1)df ?(0) ENG 0- OK - <TIME STAMP>
    > abc (1)df ?(0) ENG 1- NOK - <TIME STAMP> (if there is
    > discrepancy).
    >
    > Please guide me. tomorrow i have to submit this.
    >

    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Regards,
    > Vineela

    what is an LST file?
    i looked into some LST files.
    But no one looked as you mentioned here.
    try to compare the files character by character, and then apply your
    rules.
    explain elaborately so that we can understand well.
    Sunil Varma, Mar 9, 2006