query regarding embeding python in C

Vardhman Jain

Hi,
I am trying out the concept of python code being executed from a C
program. I got a peice of code from the tutorial but I don't know how to
compile/use it

The code is
#include <Python.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
Py_Initialize();
PyRun_SimpleString("from time import time,ctime\n"
"print 'Today is',ctime(time())\n");
Py_Finalize();
return 0;
}
~
~

Now If I do "c++ temp.c -I /usr/include/python2.2/" I get the errors
[vardhman@linuxAddict TA]$ c++ temp.c -I /usr/include/python2.2/
/tmp/ccnpr9em.o(.text+0x11): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `Py_Initialize'
/tmp/ccnpr9em.o(.text+0x1e): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `PyRun_SimpleString'
/tmp/ccnpr9em.o(.text+0x26): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `Py_Finalize'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can some one tell me how to compile and use this code.

Vardhman

--
Vardhman Jain
III Year B.Tech. CSE

presence on net:
http://students.iiit.net/~vardhman

Rick L. Ratzel

Looks like you may have forgotton to link with libpython.a...for
example, if your system has Python 2.3 installed, add this to your
compile/link line: -L/usr/lib/python2.3/config -lpython2.3