Query some big data

mehdi_mousavi

Hi folks,
Consider a "web method" that is supposed to return some data, say,
houndred of thousands of records in a form of a named dataset. The
question is that what's the official way to return this large block of
data chunk by chunk under an ASP.NET web service? We could consider
every web method's prototype as follows but this doesn't seem to be
neat solution:

public myDataSet1 QuerySomeData(int startPostion, int
totalNumberOfRecord/*whatever formal parameter goes here*/);

public myDataSet2 QuerySomeOtherData(int startPostion, int
totalNumberOfRecord/*whatever formal parameter goes here*/);

..
..
..

You see, this actually doesn't seem to be a perfect solution, since
I've to inject those two first parameters to ask the
"totalNumberOfRecord" to be returned from the "startPostion".

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Cheers,
M.Mousavi