query to find name of the OS, ip addr, mac addr etc

muttu2244

Hi all,

1) Am working on windows XP, and is there any way i can get the whole
name as "windows Xp" using python script?

i have tried with
"os.sys.platform" but it just gives me as "win32", but can
i get the whole OS name as "windows Xp".

If this is not possible, atleast i have a exe file, which puts all
the information about the system on the desktop, like os name, ip addr,
mac addr, etc etc, is there a way where i can collect this information
(from exe file to a text file ) with python script, so that atleast
that way i ll get the full OS name.

2) How can i get the "ip address" of my system? using python script.

3) How can i get the "mac address" of the system? using python script.

4) And how can i get the my "computer name" ? using python script.

Thanks in advance for having given a thought on my queries.

regards
yogi

Roger Upole

If you have Pywin32 installed, you can use WMI to get all these details.
The WMI classes to look at are win32_networkadapter and
win32_operatingsystem.
Roger

gene tani

[...]

win32 version, computer name: look in platform.system(), release,
win32_ver and uname

mac addr: if it's avail, it's in WMI:
http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html

ip: