    know what. Would be really really thankful if someone can help me out here.

    thanks in advance.
    Pradeep
    Pradeep, May 6, 2006

  2. Can we see the code and also see the stack trace from the exception? If the
    code is complex, please post a simple sample that demonstrates the issue.

    I would expect that your problem is indeed related to security. If your
    DirectoryEntry objects do not include specific credentials, you'll use the
    with System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name. Depending
    on what this identity is and how it was generated, it might be able to
    authenticate with a remote AD or not. If you are impersonating the logged
    in user in ASP.NET and use IWA with IIS and the browser is on a different
    machine than the web server, you'll need to implement Kerberos delegation.

    HTH,

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), May 6, 2006