Querying IISMimeMap .. Access is denied .. HELP!

Marlon

Code posted below ( I am not sure which group to post to, but I need help)

I wrote a Windows Form Application to query the IIS MimeMap on the localhost
which worked fine.

I ran the same code in asp.net and got "Access is Denied" exception.

What is the least permissions set I should grant the aspnet account to avoid
the exception.
Or any other suggest would be fine

Thanks.

Private Function CacheMimeMaps() As Specialized.StringDictionary

#If DEBUG Then

Dim starttime As DateTime = DateTime.Now

#End If

Dim entry As DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry

Try

Dim mimeMaps As New Specialized.StringDictionary

entry = New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("IIS://localhost/MimeMap")

Dim pvcMimeMap As DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection =
entry.Properties("MimeMap")

For Each o As Object In pvcMimeMap

Dim mt As IISOle.IISMimeType = CType(o, IISOle.IISMimeType)

mimeMaps.Add(mt.Extension, mt.MimeType)

#If DEBUG Then

Console.WriteLine("{0} = {1}", mt.Extension, mt.MimeType)

#End If

Next

' MimeMaps were found

If mimeMaps.Count > 0 Then

Me.Cache.Add(MIMEMAP, mimeMaps, Nothing, Cache.NoAbsoluteExpiration,
Cache.NoSlidingExpiration, Caching.CacheItemPriority.Low, Nothing)

Return mimeMaps

End If

pvcMimeMap = Nothing

Catch ex As Exception ' do nothing

Stop

Finally

#If DEBUG Then

Dim endtime As DateTime = DateTime.Now

Console.WriteLine(starttime.ToString() & "." &
starttime.Millisecond.ToString())

Console.WriteLine(endtime.ToString() & "." & endtime.Millisecond.ToString())

#End If

If (Not entry Is Nothing) Then

entry.Close()

entry.Dispose()

End If

End Try

End Function

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Access is denied because only admins can run that code.
By default, your code runs under a process for IIS that has no
administrative rights.