    queries. Any pointers will be of great help.

    Thanks
    Yash
    Yash, Dec 10, 2003

  2. On 10 Dec 2003 05:56:17 -0800
    (Yash) wrote:

    > Is there a way I can access an MS SQL Server2000 database running on
    > a Win2000 server, using Perl on HP-Unix? I want to execute plain
    > SELECT queries. Any pointers will be of great help.

    You need to use, on the HP box, an OBDC manager. unixODBC is a good
    one, and iODBC is another. After installing the manager, you can then
    use DBI and the DBD::ODBC driver in Perl script running on the HP box.

    I have no experience with an HP platform, but this method *should*
    work for you.

    Another is to use DBD::proxy. You would need to install Perl on the
    Windows box and set the appropriate ODBC DSN on the Windows box. So,
    you would use DBI on the HP box to connect to the DBD::proxy running
    on the Windows box.

    Again, this *should* work for you.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    Job Placement, n.: Telling your boss what he can do with your
    job.
    James Willmore, Dec 10, 2003