QueryInterface for interface Excel._Application failed / QueryInterface for interface Word._Applicat

Wildepiet

It turns out this is a permissions problem.

Useing the registry monitor from www.sysinternal.com, and
regedt32.exe, I was able to pick up on which registry entries access
was denied, by giving read access to everyone ( although aspnet will
probably be better) on those entries (especially the ones from
HKCR\Typelib and HKCR\CLSID), everything works fine.

or you can have a look at
and use impersonation instead.

(First get the code to work in a winforms app, then you'll know that
all that's left to do is to give the correct access)

Remember to ensure that you're dcomcnfg permissions are also correct.