    Error:
    QueryInterface for interface Excel._Application failed.

    Thanks in advance

    Stan, Jun 10, 2006

  2. Stan

    Mike Brind Guest

    Stan wrote:
    > Hello All:
    >
    > Don;t know if this is the correct group to post this in but here goes.
    > Getting this error when trying to create excel object using Outlook Web
    > Components on our web server. Any help would be appreciated. If this isn't
    > the correct group, can someone direct me to the correct one.
    >
    > Error:
    > QueryInterface for interface Excel._Application failed.
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    If you are using classic ASP this is the correct group.

    However, when I put your error message into google, I got lots of hits,
    but none that referred to use of classic asp. I can only guess that
    you are using asp.net (C# or VB.Net), because you haven't even provided
    the line of code that raises the error.

    If you are using dotnet, then you should try
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. When you do, you should also
    post the relevant parts of your code - not all of it (especially not
    the html) - just the parts that are germane to the problem. You should
    also point out the line that raises the error. The reason you should
    do this is that newsgroup mindreaders normally take the weekend off :)

    Before you do that though, you might want to try putting the error
    message into google like I did. It seems that you are not alone in
    having to solve this error.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Jun 10, 2006

  3. Stan

    Stan Guest

    Thanks.....I googled it and there are as many "solutions" as there are
    people having this issue and none seem to work at least in our situation.
    Our web guy can't figure this out so I'm jumping in to assist. Just an admin
    so I'm not too in touch with what language triggered the event.

    Stan, Jun 10, 2006