QueryString alternative

Mehdi

Ken,

I tried it, but in the example it claims that it will work in scenarios like
http://www.superexpert.com/swalther but after presenting the code, it tests
it with http://superexpert.com/swalther.aspx

Basically it will work if "swalther" has an ".aspx" at the end. But the
problem is if http://superexpert.com/swalther is typed in the address bar,
web server expects presence of "swalther" folder which doesn't exists and
throws "The page cannot be found" error before getting to
Application_BeginRequest Event.

I'll keep you and the group posted if I find the solution.

Thanks for replying.

Regards

Mehdi

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

You might want to ping Stephen about that. He's an MVP and might be
interested in your thoughts/needs.

Joerg Jooss

Mehdi said:
Ken,

I tried it, but in the example it claims that it will work in
scenarios like http://www.superexpert.com/swalther but after
presenting the code, it tests it with
http://superexpert.com/swalther.aspx

Basically it will work if "swalther" has an ".aspx" at the end. But
the problem is if http://superexpert.com/swalther is typed in the
address bar, web server expects presence of "swalther" folder which
doesn't exists and throws "The page cannot be found" error before
getting to Application_BeginRequest Event.

ISAPI extensions (like ASP.NET) work based on file extensions. If you need
to do without, you probably need another Web server in front that allows for
more flexible URL rewriting patterns.

Cheers,

Mehdi

Jeorg,

It seems that I am going to end up creating a dedicated folder and
default.aspx for each user. Having another server as you mentioned will not
be possible for me, as I am hiring a shared IIS for my site.

Thanks for replying anyway.

Regards

Mehdi

Saber

Mehdi,
Would you please email me at saber <(*at*> maghalat.com ?
akhe az esmet intor be nazar mire zabune mano mifahmi!

(sorry for such post)