QueryString alternative

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mehdi, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Mehdi, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 19, 2004

  3. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Ken,

    I tried it, but in the example it claims that it will work in scenarios like
    http://www.superexpert.com/swalther but after presenting the code, it tests
    it with http://superexpert.com/swalther.aspx

    Basically it will work if "swalther" has an ".aspx" at the end. But the
    problem is if http://superexpert.com/swalther is typed in the address bar,
    web server expects presence of "swalther" folder which doesn't exists and
    throws "The page cannot be found" error before getting to
    Application_BeginRequest Event.

    I'll keep you and the group posted if I find the solution.

    Thanks for replying.

    Regards

    Mehdi

    Mehdi, Jul 19, 2004
  4. You might want to ping Stephen about that. He's an MVP and might be
    interested in your thoughts/needs.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 20, 2004
  5. Mehdi

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Mehdi wrote:
    > Ken,
    >
    > I tried it, but in the example it claims that it will work in
    > scenarios like http://www.superexpert.com/swalther but after
    > presenting the code, it tests it with
    > http://superexpert.com/swalther.aspx
    >
    > Basically it will work if "swalther" has an ".aspx" at the end. But
    > the problem is if http://superexpert.com/swalther is typed in the
    > address bar, web server expects presence of "swalther" folder which
    > doesn't exists and throws "The page cannot be found" error before
    > getting to Application_BeginRequest Event.

    ISAPI extensions (like ASP.NET) work based on file extensions. If you need
    to do without, you probably need another Web server in front that allows for
    more flexible URL rewriting patterns.

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Jul 31, 2004
  6. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Jeorg,

    It seems that I am going to end up creating a dedicated folder and
    default.aspx for each user. Having another server as you mentioned will not
    be possible for me, as I am hiring a shared IIS for my site.

    Thanks for replying anyway.

    Regards

    Mehdi

    Mehdi, Aug 1, 2004
  7. Mehdi

    Saber Guest

    OFF-TOPIC

    Mehdi,
    Would you please email me at saber <(*at*> maghalat.com ?
    akhe az esmet intor be nazar mire zabune mano mifahmi!

    (sorry for such post)

    Saber, Aug 1, 2004