querystring to dictionary object transform

boohoo

I can't seem to do this:

I want to take a query string and place two halves of the querystring
into two separate dictionary objects.

So... I loop through the collection of querystring items, right?

When I get to a certain item in the querystring, all items after that
are to be put into the SECOND dictionary object.

HOW do I set a variable switch in some way to say, "OK, from now on
looping through the querystirng collection, don't put the name/value
pair into the FIRST dictionary object, but put them in the SECOND
dictionary object.

At this point my switch keeps getting "reset"...

<code snippet start>

set orderFobj = [dictionaryobject]
set cartObj = [dictionaryobject]
cutswitch = FALSE

For each item in Request.QueryString

if item = "cuthere" then
cutswitch = TRUE
end if

if cutswitch = FALSE then
orderFObj.Add item, Request.QueryString(item)
elseif cutswitch = TRUE then
cartObj.Add item, Request.QueryString(item)
end if
next

<code snippet end>

boohoo

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:20:53 GMT, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

I know what's wrong.

I'm trying to detect WHEN I get to a certain point in the queryString
and then start putting the name/value pairs into a second dictionary
object, BUT, the logical order of the querystring as it appears in
TEXT is not the logical order of the collection in the querystring
object.