querystrings

Guest

I'm converting an .NET 03 app to .NET 05 and the current version passes data
via a querystring, in 05 is there a better way to pass data from page to page
without using querystrings other then a session variable?

cannontrodder

Sorry, viewstate will only persist for post-backs to the same page.

Does your application really need to post from page to page?

If so, I'd put the data in hidden fields and POST it from page to page.

Guest

I looked at the site and tried the example but nothing shows up. I get no
error message but my control is empty and theres a selection made in the drop
down.
Do i have to do anything on the page the user is transfering from?

Guest

yeah i'm using a master page. thanks I'll take a look at this and see if this
works for me.