  1. I'm converting an .NET 03 app to .NET 05 and the current version passes data
    via a querystring, in 05 is there a better way to pass data from page to page
    without using querystrings other then a session variable?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Jul 28, 2006

  2. You could store it in the viewstate..

    cannontrodder, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Sorry, viewstate will only persist for post-backs to the same page.

    Does your application really need to post from page to page?

    If so, I'd put the data in hidden fields and POST it from page to page.

    cannontrodder, Jul 28, 2006
  4. If you navigate from one page to another using the Server.Transfer method
    then you can reference the PreviousPage property of the current page to
    access controls and values from the previous page. You can also configure
    certain controls to perform cross-page posting.

    -Demetri

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=, Jul 28, 2006
  5. I looked at the site and tried the example but nothing shows up. I get no
    error message but my control is empty and theres a selection made in the drop
    down.
    Do i have to do anything on the page the user is transfering from?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Jul 28, 2006
  6. Are your pages using a master page?

    If so, take a look at this site for a technique used to work with content
    pages.

    http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/421.aspx

    --
    -Demetri

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=, Jul 28, 2006
  7. yeah i'm using a master page. thanks I'll take a look at this and see if this
    works for me.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Jul 28, 2006