QUES: ODFX/IDFX inferred in syplify, and not in XACT libraries ????

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Ted, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Ted

    Ted Guest

    I have to make changes to an old legacy product containing an XC4005
    part.
    I was able to find a set of old XACT tools but the problem is that the
    newer
    synplify versions infer the primitives IDFX and ODFX. These to
    primitives
    are NOT included in the XC4000 libriaries and I have not been been
    able
    to get past the xnfmerge step. I looked at the xnf file and the ODFX
    and
    IDFX primitives are D-Flip-flops with enable. But when I look at the
    logic
    there is no enable needed. Syplicity ties the enable to VCC. For
    example,
    the following proccess,

    PROCESS(clk27m)
    BEGIN
    IF RISING_EDGE(clk27m) THEN
    d1data <= d1data_in;
    END IF ;
    END PROCESS;

    gets mapped to the following in the xnf file,

    SYM, d1data_in_inff<1>, IFDX, LIBVER=2.0.0
    PIN, Q, O, d1_in/d1data<1>
    PIN, D, I, d1data_in<1>
    PIN, C, I, clk27m_c
    PIN, CE, I, VCC

    Is there a way to get synplify to infer the IFD primitive (D-flop w/o
    enable) instead of the IFDX without making the source vender specific
    or hacking the xnf file?? Does
    anyone know where I can get older versions of Syplicity synplify (pre
    6.0)? Thanks for any info.

    Ted

    Ted, Feb 3, 2004

  2. On 3 Feb 2004 12:17:13 -0800, (Ted) wrote:
    >I have to make changes to an old legacy product containing an XC4005 part.
    >I was able to find a set of old XACT tools but the problem is that the newer
    >synplify versions infer the primitives IDFX and ODFX. These to primitives
    >are NOT included in the XC4000 libriaries and I have not been been able
    >to get past the xnfmerge step. I looked at the xnf file and the ODFX and
    >IDFX primitives are D-Flip-flops with enable. But when I look at the logic
    >there is no enable needed. Syplicity ties the enable to VCC. For example,
    >the following proccess,
    >
    > PROCESS(clk27m)
    > BEGIN
    > IF RISING_EDGE(clk27m) THEN
    > d1data <= d1data_in;
    > END IF ;
    > END PROCESS;
    >
    >gets mapped to the following in the xnf file,
    >
    >SYM, d1data_in_inff<1>, IFDX, LIBVER=2.0.0
    >PIN, Q, O, d1_in/d1data<1>
    >PIN, D, I, d1data_in<1>
    >PIN, C, I, clk27m_c
    >PIN, CE, I, VCC
    >

    >Is there a way to get synplify to infer the IFD primitive (D-flop w/o
    >enable) instead of the IFDX without making the source vender specific
    >or hacking the xnf file?? Does
    >anyone know where I can get older versions of Syplicity synplify (pre
    >6.0)? Thanks for any info.
    >
    >Ted

    You can certainly hack the xnf. Here are some code snippets that should help:

    Input FF

    SYM, d1data_in_inff<1>, INFF
    PIN, Q, O, d1_in/d1data<1>
    PIN, D, I, d1data_in<1>
    PIN, C, I, clk27m_c
    END

    Output flipflop

    SYM, MODULE_TOP/SIGNAME1, OUTFF, INIT=R
    PIN, C, I, CLK_NET
    PIN, D, I, MODULE_TOP/INT_MSEL0_21
    PIN, O, O, MSEL0_21
    END

    Output flipflop with tristate

    SYM, MODULE_TOP/SIGNAME2, OUTFFT, INIT=S
    PIN, C, I, CLK_NET
    PIN, D, I, MODULE_TOP/INT_MSEL0_31
    PIN, O, O, MSEL0_31
    PIN, T, I, MODULE_TOP/MSEL0_OUT_REG/OE