question about <add assembly ...> tag

Bob

Hi,

i'm learning asp.net and i read this in the web.config of an application:

<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>

Can somebody explain me what the <add assembly= .." > tag does mean? I use
VWD but couldn't find any reference to that. Is "vjslib" a DLL or something?
(by the way, when i remove it from web.config, the application still works
...)µ

Thanks
Bob

Guest

Hi,

i'm learning asp.net and i read this in the web.config of an application:

<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>

Can somebody explain me what the <add assembly= .." > tag does mean? I use
VWD but couldn't find any reference to that. Is "vjslib" a DLL or something?
(by the way, when i remove it from web.config, the application still works
..)µ

Thanks
Bob

<assemblies> and <add assembly> define an assemblies that are used
during compilation of an ASP.NET application
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bfyb45k1.aspx

vjslib is a class library of Visual J#, and if you are using a
language other than Visual J#, then you don't need that reference

Bob

Thanks to both

"Anon User" <> schreef in bericht