    ...)µ

    Thanks
    Bob
    Bob, Sep 29, 2007

  2. Bob

    Alex Meleta Guest

    Hi Bob,

    See this stuff:
    http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/se...nd=msdn&query=ASP.NET add assembly&lang=en-us

    Regards, Alex
    [TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com

    Alex Meleta, Sep 29, 2007

  3. On Sep 29, 12:06 pm, "Bob" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm learning asp.net and i read this in the web.config of an application:
    >
    > <compilation debug="true">
    > <assemblies>
    > <add assembly="vjslib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    > </assemblies>
    > </compilation>
    >
    > Can somebody explain me what the <add assembly= .." > tag does mean? I use
    > VWD but couldn't find any reference to that. Is "vjslib" a DLL or something?
    > (by the way, when i remove it from web.config, the application still works
    > ..)µ
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bob

    <assemblies> and <add assembly> define an assemblies that are used
    during compilation of an ASP.NET application
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bfyb45k1.aspx

    vjslib is a class library of Visual J#, and if you are using a
    language other than Visual J#, then you don't need that reference
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 29, 2007
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thanks to both