Question about admin rights and IDLE

Murphy.MarkS

Hi All,

Apologies in advance for a potentially redundant posting -- I sent a
similar question to the help box yesterday.

I have a Geographic Info System (GIS) user that is having problems
editing with Python IDLE on a WindowsXP machine unless she has admin
rights. I had initially thought there might be a place where you can
change the 'user rights' settings in Python, but wasn't able to find it.
So, I did a fresh install of Python 2.5.1 and told it to be available to
all users during the install process. The problem is that IDLE still
seems to be available only to the person who has admin rights on a given
machine. Can anybody make sense of this and help me fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Mark S. Murphy
GIS/Remote Sensing Analyst