Question about application restart in debug mode

newjazzharmony

When I run an ASP dot net application in debug mode and put a
breakpoint inside the Application_Start event (in global.asax.cs),
sometimes it stops there and sometimes it doesn't.

I was under the impression that clicking the "stop" button, and then
the "play" button in the visual studio GUI was essentially the same as
restarting the ASP dot net application. Is this not true?

Thanks,
Jonathan

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

no. the ide only attaches and detaches to asp.net based on run and stop. it
does start and stop the browser. asp.net. asp.net decides to recycyle based
on the number of recompiles, you can change your web config to force a
recycle on every change.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)