Question about ASP.NET and Authenticating controls on a form

jm

Right now, I have a MySQL database that has groups defined (not AD
groups) and based upon which group a user is in they are allowed
certain pages, controls, etc.

I want to make my systems more Active Directory integrated. I don't
mind using MySQL for some thing such as paths, etc., but I want
Windows to handle the security.

So,

I have a user authenticating

the default .aspx security is looked at and if the user cannot be
granted access a custom error page is called

if integrated windows authentication is successful, then the
default.aspx page is called.

Now, what if there are certain controls on the page that I do not want
displayed if the user is not in a certain group? Right now, after the
user is granted access to the default.aspx page there are built in vb
functions which call a MySQL database to see if further access to
certain forms or controls on a form are given. In other pages, again,
a database is consulted to get access to a button, textbox, etc. on a
form. Can this be better integrated with Active Directory?

I'm not really asking for code here, just ideas; of course, any links
or help are appreciated, code if you like;

Thank you.

Christian Nunciato

Anyone know how to secure parts of a form this way?

Not that I've ever seen, no. Best way to do it would probably be to
retrieve the value from your user database, and wrap sensitive form elements
with a function that toggles their display based on that value.

Chris

jm

That's what we do now. Thanks anyway.