Question about autorun some code.

lichaoir

I'm writing a log system for my website. I want to run some
functionality everyday, let's say, read some data from files and store
it into database. How do I implement this? Someone had told me to use
the system service, is there any other way? Shall I use global.asax
and System.Threading.Timer?

Thanks for your discussions and answers!

Eliyahu Goldin

Web applications run in response to user requests. They are not good for
automatic tasks.The simplest way is to make a scheduled task in windows. It
could be a batch file or an exe, console or windows forms. Windows provides
all scheduling.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer