question about availability of tools

Discussion in 'Java' started by aquilo, May 3, 2005.

  1. aquilo

    aquilo Guest

    Hello,

    I am new to this newsgroup, and I was wondering, I'v been looking for
    several days on the internet for some tools or package that can help me
    implement a project I'm working on.
    Is there anybody here who can tell me if there is, somewhere, a package
    available, written in java, that can perform data analysis?
    I'm especially looking for a package that can perform clustering
    methods, in particular K-MEDOIDS, also called PAM(=partitioning around
    medoids). Also, other options, besides PAM/K-MEDOIDS, are
    CLARA(clustering large applications) and FANNY (fuzzy analysis).
    I've been looking everywhere, but I can never find something usefull.
    So I'm looking for something like JFreeChart, for plots and histograms,
    but for data analysis and clustering.

    Anyway, hope that somebody can help,

    kind greetings,

    W.

    aquilo, May 3, 2005

  2. On 5/3/2005 10:11 AM, cyber knight aquilo gave sign:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to this newsgroup, and I was wondering, I'v been looking for
    > several days on the internet for some tools or package that can help me
    > implement a project I'm working on.
    > Is there anybody here who can tell me if there is, somewhere, a package
    > available, written in java, that can perform data analysis?
    > I'm especially looking for a package that can perform clustering
    > methods, in particular K-MEDOIDS, also called PAM(=partitioning around
    > medoids). Also, other options, besides PAM/K-MEDOIDS, are
    > CLARA(clustering large applications) and FANNY (fuzzy analysis).
    > I've been looking everywhere, but I can never find something usefull.
    > So I'm looking for something like JFreeChart, for plots and histograms,
    > but for data analysis and clustering.

    Weka
    http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ml/weka/

    Cheers