Question about basic use of a timer object from timeit module to execute code every so often in a c

4

42zeros

I would like a function to be executed every x often.
I was just wondering how to pass the following code correctly. my
object t just doesn't know what checkMail is. How can I tell it that
checkMail is a member of the class MyApp?

thanks in advance,
code is below

class MyApp(wx.App):
def OnInit(self):

frame = wxMainFrame(None, "thing")
icon = wx.Icon('foo.bmp', wx.BITMAP_TYPE_ICO)
frame.SetIcon(icon)
self.SetTopWindow(frame)

t = timeit.Timer("checkMail()","30.0")

t.timeit()
return True

def checkMail():

print "The number of messages is"

Robert Kern

I would like a function to be executed every x often.
I was just wondering how to pass the following code correctly. my
object t just doesn't know what checkMail is. How can I tell it that
checkMail is a member of the class MyApp?

Reread the documentation for timeit. It doesn't do what you think it does.

Look at wxTimer instead.

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

4

42zeros

I've seen both documentation for using timeit as simply a timer to
measure preformance, but also a random page here and there that looked
to me as if they were using it as a simple timer. HOwever, if there is
a wxwidget timer I'll gladly hit that up. Thanks for the info