Question about button, clicking & slight visual I don't want / in IE6.0 :)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by glassblue1@gmail.com, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. Guest

    If I render this line of code in my IE 6 browser locally

    <a href="#"><img src=http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif
    border=0></a>

    when I click on the Google logo, there is a slight border that appears
    around the logo (in IE 6.0). Without losing the href= functionality,
    how can I not have that slight border appear upon clicking the logo
    and doing stuff?

    Warmest regards, Cindy
     
    , Apr 10, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. John Hosking Guest

    Re: Question about button, clicking & slight visual I don't want

    wrote:
    >
    > If I render this line of code in my IE 6 browser locally
    >
    > <a href="#"><img src=http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif
    > border=0></a>
    >
    > when I click on the Google logo, there is a slight border that appears
    > around the logo (in IE 6.0). Without losing the href= functionality,
    > how can I not have that slight border appear upon clicking the logo
    > and doing stuff?
    >
    > Warmest regards, Cindy


    Use Lynx?
    Don't click there?
    Add border:none for the a:link rule in your CSS?
    Come over to my place?

    Well, actually, like it or not (dearest, sweetest, _warmest_ Cindy) I
    really think the last suggestion is the best one. Because I've got IE6
    here at home and I don't get the border you're talking about. Got a URL
    where it's happening?

    And of course: what's wrong with the border? It's there to give your
    visitors feedback. It's a Good Thing. Innit?

    --
    John
     
    John Hosking, Apr 10, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Bergamot Guest

    Re: Question about button, clicking & slight visual I don't want

    wrote:
    >
    > <a href="#"><img src=http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif
    > border=0></a>
    >
    > when I click on the Google logo, there is a slight border that appears
    > around the logo (in IE 6.0).


    That is referred to as the focus outline. It is an accessibility aid and
    very useful to those of us who are keyboard users. It is not just an IE
    feature, either.

    > how can I not have that slight border appear upon clicking the logo
    > and doing stuff?


    Leave it alone. It is there for your visitor's benefit. Or is the page
    just for your personal use?

    --
    Berg
     
    Bergamot, Apr 10, 2007
    #3
  4. Guest

    On Apr 10, 5:37 pm, Bergamot <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > <a href="#"><img src=http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif
    > > border=0></a>

    >
    > > when I click on the Google logo, there is a slight border that appears
    > > around the logo (in IE 6.0).

    >
    > That is referred to as the focus outline. It is an accessibility aid and
    > very useful to those of us who are keyboard users. It is not just an IE
    > feature, either.
    >
    > > how can I not have that slight border appear upon clicking the logo
    > > and doing stuff?

    >
    > Leave it alone. It is there for your visitor's benefit. Or is the page
    > just for your personal use?
    >
    > --
    > Berg


    Hi yes it is my own personal intranet, i just wanted to turn it off it
    was distracting me. say, the code i posted does this Accessibility
    Aid, however, can the theories presented here be demonstrated on the
    running code i have pretty pelase? :*
     
    , Apr 11, 2007
    #4
  5. Scripsit :

    > Hi yes it is my own personal intranet, i just wanted to turn it off it
    > was distracting me.


    You should have said that then. Most of us create pages mainly for use by
    other people, and when we create something for personal use, we tend to
    solve our little personal problems by ourselves.

    > can the theories presented here be demonstrated on the
    > running code i have pretty pelase? :*


    Well, wait for some years or decades to see whether you need accessibility
    features.

    Anyway, if you don't like the focus rectangle and this troubles you _so_
    much that you post a question to a global newsgroup, why don't you switch to
    Firefox? It's regarded by many as considerably better than IE 6.

    Alternatively, add the hidefocus attribute into your <a> tag.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
     
    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 11, 2007
    #5
  6. Guest

    On Apr 11, 2:23 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:
    > Scripsit :
    >
    > > Hi yes it is my own personal intranet, i just wanted to turn it off it
    > > was distracting me.

    >
    > You should have said that then. Most of us create pages mainly for use by
    > other people, and when we create something for personal use, we tend to
    > solve our little personal problems by ourselves.
    >
    > > can the theories presented here be demonstrated on the
    > > running code i have pretty pelase? :*

    >
    > Well, wait for some years or decades to see whether you need accessibility
    > features.
    >
    > Anyway, if you don't like the focus rectangle and this troubles you _so_
    > much that you post a question to a global newsgroup, why don't you switch to
    > Firefox? It's regarded by many as considerably better than IE 6.
    >
    > Alternatively, add the hidefocus attribute into your <a> tag.
    >
    > --
    > Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/


    Thank you for your suggestions, I need to keep this in IE 6.0 heaven,
    so I'm sorry the others will not work, but there is a way to modify
    the other tag to get this to work just in ie? :)
     
    , Apr 11, 2007
    #6
  7. Re: Question about button, clicking & slight visual I don't want

    wrote:

    > Thank you for your suggestions, I need to keep this in IE 6.0 heaven,


    Yep, Big Bill has threatened to squeeze the life out of his pet hamster
    if he switched, download FF and "Lil' Hammy" gets it!

    That faint focus box is just too dang distracting...wow, must have been
    one of those Ridlin-kids! I guess you've never use that TAB key on your
    keyboard?


    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
     
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 11, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    4
    Views:
    339
  2. Debo
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    618
    Swampmonster
    Dec 12, 2004
  3. Thomas Womack

    slight csv misbehavior under Windows

    Thomas Womack, Aug 18, 2003, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    392
  4. Replies:
    9
    Views:
    362
    David Mertz
    Sep 10, 2003
  5. pavi
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,342
Loading...

Share This Page