Question about checking rom

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by gioravered, Jan 7, 2010.

  1. gioravered

    gioravered

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I was asked to do a program that checks the following ROM:

    address | value

    000 | 11
    011 | -6
    100 | -12
    101 | 1
    110 | -14

    the values are of course needed to be translated into binary.

    I need to use a 3:8 decoder to do it.

    My question is...
    what am I supposed to do with the decoder exists? I mean, how do I create the number I need?

    thanks for all answers..

    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    gioravered, Jan 7, 2010