Question about controls on formview templates

Cirene

Let's say I have...
- Control1 in item template
- Control2 in edit item template
- Control3 in insert item template

When the ModeChanged event of a formview occurs and we are in "Edit" mode,
does a reference to Control1 or Control3 exist? (From my code tests it
doesn't seem so, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.)

Also, if is it ok to have all of them named Control1, same name for each
template? Or will a conflict occurs?