Question About Default.aspx and Response.Redirect

Joey

I have a web app that contains several subfolders. In one of them, I
have a page set up as "Default.aspx", so users can hit it just by
typing the directory name in the browser address bar (example:
"http://mysite/downloads/" will bring up
"http://mysite/downloads/default.aspx"). I also have several other aspx
pages in the same folder. I am using these other pages in a
"step-through", page-by-page fashion in order to collect data from
users.

After setting a breakpoint on the default.aspx page, I noticed that it
gets hit EVERY time I do a redirect from one of the other pages...to
the next page.

Now I think I understand why my page hit counter on the default.aspx
page is incrementing much more rapidly than it should.

My question is "What is causing the default.aspx page to be hit on
every redirect in other pages in the same folder, and what can I do to
stop it from happening?"

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/asp.net 2.0. This site uses a
master page, and all of the pages mentioned above are actually content
pages that subscribe to the master page.

Thanks,
JP