Question about Discontinuity in VHDL-AMS

jackshowme

There is an example in my text book

if v_in'above(v_pos/gain) use --vin and v_pos are across type of some
terminals
--gain is a constant
v_amp ==v_pos;
els...

My text books says this is correct. But the following is wrong

if v_in*gain > v_pos use
v_amp == v_pos;
els...

Why is this approach wrong? My text books says the reason is the
Discontinuity in v_in. I can't realize it. May someone help me to
realize it?

JackShowMe