Question about For-Next

kristofferorstadius

Hello,

I have a simple 'For Next'-code (see at the bottom).

In the middle of the loop I want an IF-statement, which (if it is true)
jump over to next level.

I thought I could solve it through simple just writing an IF-statement
and put Next in the middle, but an error message appears.

Do you know how I can solve it?

<%
For m = 0 To Ubound(minArray,2)

If Isnull(minArray(0,m)) or minArray(0,m) = "" Then
Next
End If

Response.Write "Hello world!"

Next
%>

Thank you!

Kristoffer

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hello,

I have a simple 'For Next'-code (see at the bottom).

In the middle of the loop I want an IF-statement, which (if it is
true) jump over to next level.

I thought I could solve it through simple just writing an IF-statement
and put Next in the middle, but an error message appears.

Do you know how I can solve it?

<%
For m = 0 To Ubound(minArray,2)

If Isnull(minArray(0,m)) or minArray(0,m) = "" Then
Next
End If

Response.Write "Hello world!"

Next
%>
For the scenario you are describing, you don't need anything special, just
use your If statement, but in reverse:

<%
For m = 0 To Ubound(minArray,2)

If len(minArray(0,m)) >0 Then
Response.Write "Hello world!"
End If

Next
%>

Roland Hall

: Hello,
:
: I have a simple 'For Next'-code (see at the bottom).
:
: In the middle of the loop I want an IF-statement, which (if it is true)
: jump over to next level.
:
: I thought I could solve it through simple just writing an IF-statement
: and put Next in the middle, but an error message appears.
:
: Do you know how I can solve it?
:
: <%
: For m = 0 To Ubound(minArray,2)
:
: If Isnull(minArray(0,m)) or minArray(0,m) = "" Then
: Next
: End If
:
: Response.Write "Hello world!"
:
: Next
: %>

<%
For m = 0 To Ubound(minArray,2)
if minArray(0,m) <> "" then Response.Write "Hello world!"
next
%>

--
Roland Hall