Question about frames

rf

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
You missed my sig.

No I didn't. I just thought you were having trouble with your visits to the
bathroom :)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
No I didn't. I just thought you were having trouble with your visits to the
bathroom :)

As it so happens, I am!

Lauri Raittila

Maybe. Or maybe just speak for yourself.

He don't. He spokes for many people, because it makes no sence to
everybody that hate frames nsay that for every one that mentions frames.
It is enaough that the first one does. If everybody that thinks frames
are evil told it each time frames are mentioned, it would be annoying.
But maybe you could google using frames + regular name, and try find
someone that has not said frames are bad, and that has been posting here
more than you.

Barbara de Zoete

... and that has been posting here
more than you.

Now, where does this come from. Hmm? I know in some students' fraternities
or sororities it is common to priviledge the 'regulars' over the
newcomers, but I had no idea this applied to this newsgroup too.

:p

Lauri Raittila

in said:
Now, where does this come from. Hmm? I know in some students' fraternities
or sororities it is common to priviledge the 'regulars' over the
newcomers, but I had no idea this applied to this newsgroup too.

rf: You will find that the regulars here have a zero tolerance policy
against

You came and said that he should not speak for other people. I belive he
was entitled to do that. As there is no strict rule on who is regular and
who is not, I made up one, which I think is not too strict.

Neal

You came and said that he should not speak for other people. I belive he
was entitled to do that. As there is no strict rule on who is regular and
who is not, I made up one, which I think is not too strict.

We're making a mountain out of a molehill. Duende was being "cheeky"
that's all.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:
We're making a mountain out of a molehill. Duende was being "cheeky"
that's all.

Somebody has to keep Richard in line.

Jan Faerber

Richard said:
Frames are out.....CSS is IN!
You can do more with CSS and not have the problems frames create.

What can you do if you can't use asp or php within your webspace?
Are there still possibilites to replace frames?

Jan Faerber

Miss said:
Hi. I am starting up a new web site and need some advice. I was
wondering if you guys could tell me how I would be able to have frames.
There's only two sections (25% and 75%)I already have the frames up. The
left side is a short note thanking the visitor for coming. The right
side has links to whatever I linked to. The problem I'm having is that
everytime I click 'home' to go back to index.html, an extra frame pops
up (the stuff that was previewed originally on the left).

<snip>

Actually this is a rather tiny problem and you found the answer in some
replies to your posting. The next question you will ask is:
'How to change the location of two frames simultaniously?'

http://html.janfaerber.com/frames/simul/frames.html
an example from selfhtml.org

.... and the next question:

How can I have a certain frameset with a search engine.
=> javascript...

Kris

Frames are out.....CSS is IN!
You can do more with CSS and not have the problems frames create.

What can you do if you can't use asp or php within your webspace?
Are there still possibilites to replace frames?[/QUOTE]

SSI. Webhosting that offers SSI is cheap. There is little reason not to
have it.

Jan Faerber

Kris said:
What can you do if you can't use asp or php within your webspace?
Are there still possibilites to replace frames?

SSI. Webhosting that offers SSI is cheap. There is little reason not to
have it.[/QUOTE]

I am a newbee to that ... thanks for your advise!!!

Neal

What can you do if you can't use asp or php within your webspace?
Are there still possibilites to replace frames?

Spring for a better server? It's not terribly expensive, I spend more on
coffee in a year than I'd pay for a good server for four years.

Karl Core

Jan Faerber said:
What can you do if you can't use asp or php within your webspace?
Are there still possibilites to replace frames?

Dig up the $5 USD it costs to get a real one that does.
Hosting is too cheap these days to put up with one that doesn't support some
form of server-side scripting.