question about google powerful database

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MZ, Dec 9, 2007.

  1. MZ

    MZ Guest

    Hello all!

    I have question regarding to the google web browser power.
    I am a Oracle Forms & Reports programmer and I have been thinking about one
    thing lately. Can you explain to me why google web browser is working so fast,
    even when I put a long keyword to find up and also even when I fill a short one.
    When I create Oracle forms, which bases on the Oracle database, sometimes it
    forces user to make the period more narrow i.e.

    instead of filling billing period from 01/2001 till 01/2007 in the report to
    find
    user has to makes the billing period shorter i.e. from 11/2006 till 01/2007
    or user is forced to divide the periods into a few short seperate period
    (=searches) to fill the whole period from 01/2001 till 01/2007, which he is
    interested in.

    Is it possible to create such powerful database which will be searching for long
    and short keywords in a few seconds? Is there something like cheating end user?

    I know that the whole power of google is divided into a few servers connected to
    each other, but the amount of data is so big that nobody can even imagine and
    searching up in such database should take a long time even when I have indexes
    created. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Thank you in advance
    Marcin from Poland
    MZ, Dec 9, 2007

  2. MZ

    J.O. Aho Guest

    MZ wrote:

    > I have question regarding to the google web browser power.
    > I am a Oracle Forms & Reports programmer and I have been thinking about one
    > thing lately. Can you explain to me why google web browser is working so
    > fast,
    > even when I put a long keyword to find up and also even when I fill a
    > short one.
    > When I create Oracle forms, which bases on the Oracle database,
    > sometimes it
    > forces user to make the period more narrow i.e.

    Clustering is part of the answer and you don't do full text search, but tag
    word searches. And The MySQL is patched to use database engine that is
    adjusted for googles needs.

    If I don't recall it wrongly, but google.com has a document on their pages
    describing how search engines works, or read a bit between the lines of "The
    Google Story".

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Dec 9, 2007