    Thanks for any insight,

    Danielle

    , Jan 25, 2006

    Let me be clarify by saying that I actually have another VERY simple
    asp page in the same directory which gives me a 404 error. There are
    no database connections, no includes...there is nothing to this page.
    The only thing that distinguishes it from the html page is that it is
    has a .asp extension instead of a .html extension, and I try to access
    it like this

    http://localhost/mynewclient/default_asp.asp

    , Jan 25, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    >I am using IIS 6.0 and plain old ASP. My IIS server is for
    > development, and is currently running different websites under
    > different virtual directories. Most of these websites use ASP.NET, but
    > we have a client on an old technology, and we wanted to put work for
    > them under the same website in a different virtual directory.
    >
    > I set the virtual directory up successfully, and can access my site
    > via:
    >
    > http://localhost/mynewclient/default.html
    >
    > where default.html is just a "hello world" page. Comes up just fine.
    > The problem is, if I were to rename this page which contains html to a
    > .asp extension -- i get a 404 error. Is there something special I need
    > to do in IIS to allow the asp extensions to be run successfully?

    Yes, in the IIS MMC you need to go to the Web Service Extensions folder and
    enable ASP.

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jan 25, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Let me be clarify by saying that I actually have another VERY simple
    > asp page in the same directory which gives me a 404 error. There are
    > no database connections, no includes...there is nothing to this page.
    > The only thing that distinguishes it from the html page is that it is
    > has a .asp extension instead of a .html extension, and I try to access
    > it like this
    >
    > http://localhost/mynewclient/default_asp.asp

    Your answer should be in this article:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 25, 2006

    THANK YOU!! That was it -- since all the other sites were ASP.NET, ASP
    was not enabled. thanks!

    , Jan 25, 2006