Question about Java2

jalexa9898

I recently started programming Java2, can someone reccommend a good
book for me? I want to do a simple hello world application but I can
not even do that.

Sameer

Go to eckelobjects.com and download "Thinking in Java 3/e" by Bruce
Eckel.
Use Google Advanced Search to search PDF books on Java.
There are lot: serach with file type PDF, to be search in title for
Java

penny

Title: Java2 Micro Edition
Publisher: Manning Publications Co.
Author(s): James White, David A Hemphill
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: 1 Apr 2002
Subject: Computer Bks / Languages / Programming
Dimensions: 7.38 x 9.36 x 1.07 in
Pages: 504

We are learning Java2 with this book. It's very useful and good. I hope
it can help you enjoy the learning of Java2. I like Java!

Oliver Wong

penny said:
Title: Java2 Micro Edition
Publisher: Manning Publications Co.
Author(s): James White, David A Hemphill
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: 1 Apr 2002
Dimensions: 7.38 x 9.36 x 1.07 in
Pages: 504

We are learning Java2 with this book. It's very useful and good. I hope
it can help you enjoy the learning of Java2. I like Java!

Based on the title, it sounds like the book is focused on J2ME (Micro
Edition) instead of J2SE (Standard Edition). That may or may not be what the
OP is looking for, but usually when someone just says "Java" with no
qualifier, they mean "Standard Edition".

- Oliver