question about kvm size

sang park

Hi all -

I'm really new to J2ME programming and development and was wondering
if someone could point me in the right direction.

I've been developing this application for a J2ME device (my Palm
tungsten C) but am debugging using the J2ME Wireless toolkit.
Anyways, I have enough coded so that I would want to try running the
code on my Palm Simulator just to see that everything works over in
the Palm world. The problem I'm getting is this:

Uncaught Exception: java/lang/OutOfMemoryError

Now, I don't get this error in the J2ME toolkit, and when i run my
memory monitor tool, i notice that the size of my app maxes out at
about 250K (it is a SOAP application and the parsing of the SOAP
messages can get kinda large).

anyways, my question is this, is there any other KVM that I can
install on my palm to get a larger app size? I noticed that the Java
HQ thing i downloaded, only allows applications to be 64K and no
higher. Is there either some configuration or other KVM where I can
increase the size a bit? I know my tungsten C has a WIFI connection
and has about 32 MB of memory so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to
be able to allocate 512 K to this application.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

+s.park

sang park

ok, i think i figured out step 1 to solve this problem. I was running
a MIDP1.0 prc on my device. I decided to upgrade to MIDP2.0.prc from
IBM using their Websphere Micro environment Toolkit for Palm OS. Now
I'm using the jartoprc.exe converting tool but my prc are always 36
bytes, even though it used to be 154 kb when i ran it with the old
command line prc converter. i've updated my jad and manifest files to
used midp2.0 as well. in any case, the prc looks like its the wrong
size with the new prc converter and it won't install on my palm
device. i tried using my old build script to build my original PRC
(although with the new manifest and jad files) and this prc will not
install as well. anyone have any clues as to what is causing this?

i'm assuming that the preverification hasn't been affected so it has
to be in the packaging, or the conversion to the PRC.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

s.park

Darryl L. Pierce

sang said:
anyways, my question is this, is there any other KVM that I can
install on my palm to get a larger app size?

Which one are you running now? You can check out J9 from IBM.