question about loading variables from a file...

avidfan

Can someone offer some advice as to how the best way to approach this
might be?

I am trying to write a generic python script to build out some
applications, so the python script will be generic enough to work for
all of them, but it needs to 'source' a file that contains app and
environment specific variables.

I have used WLST, which provides the loadProperties() method for
reading values for weblogic domains, but I'm trying to find the best
way to do the same sort of thing in python...

thanks for any advice.

georgeryoung

Can someone offer some advice as to how the best way to approach this
might be?

I am trying to write a generic python script to build out some
applications, so the python script will be generic enough to work for
all of them, but it needs to 'source' a file that contains app and
environment specific variables.

I have used WLST, which provides the loadProperties() method for
reading values for weblogic domains, but I'm trying to find the best
way to do the same sort of thing in python...

Try configparser:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ConfigParser.html