question about login option "remember me next time"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by André, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. André

    André Guest

    Hi,

    When clicking on "remember me" when logging, the user asks for not to have
    to log in next time he visits the site.

    Now, on one side, i read it is recommended to logout properly (clicking on
    'logout') when quiting the site, but then, the user looses the benefit of
    the option "remember me next time" and must login next visit.

    On the other side, if the user quit the website without logout, at the next
    visit he has not to login again.

    So, what's the purpose of that option "remember me" if it's recommended to
    logout and so loosing its benefit?

    Thanks
    André

    André, Mar 14, 2007

  2. On Mar 14, 8:42 pm, "André" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > When clicking on "remember me" when logging, the user asks for not to have
    > to log in next time he visits the site.
    >
    > Now, on one side, i read it is recommended to logout properly (clicking on
    > 'logout') when quiting the site, but then, the user looses the benefit of
    > the option "remember me next time" and must login next visit.
    >
    > On the other side, if the user quit the website without logout, at the next
    > visit he has not to login again.
    >
    > So, what's the purpose of that option "remember me" if it's recommended to
    > logout and so loosing its benefit?

    Selecting "remember me" allows you to avoid having to enter your login
    and password when you login again next time. If you are using a home
    computer - it's up to you, if you are using a public or shared
    computer, you should not use that option because it will enable other
    users on this computer to login in your account (because username and
    password have been saved as cookies on this computer).

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 14, 2007

  3. André

    André Guest

    Thanks for the explanation.