question about messaging with web services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Secret Squirrel, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    Let's say I have a web service InternalService1 that expose 30 web
    methods. This web service is only exposed internally, and it does not
    take a parameter for the "customer ID" (not required by WSDL).

    Lets say I have a second web service ExternalService1 that exposes 30
    identical web methods, except this second set of web methods each take
    an additional "customer ID" parameter.

    So, I want to map the messages from the InternalService1 to the other
    web service ExternalService1. When InternalService1 is called, I want
    to stick a "customer ID" with a value indicating an internal customer
    is using the server.

    I suppose I can write code in InternalService1 like this:

    [WebMethod]
    void Foo1(int someParam)
    {
    InternalService1Insance.Foo1(someParam, internalCustomerID);
    }

    but this is not very elegant? I would really like to say, these are the
    same services, except this internal one adds a parameter. I think it
    would be easy to modify the XML in the message to add this additional
    parameter...

    Thanks,

    Jon Paugh
    Secret Squirrel, Apr 7, 2005