    XML or something which can be used to interpret formula given in non-
    Cpp format and used it.

    Thanks
    Teddy, Nov 22, 2011

  2. On 11/22/2011 5:43 AM, Teddy wrote:
    > We have solution which gives optimal plan for tour package including
    > itenary generation,route and other details. It has Pre and Post
    > optimisation rules. Pre Optimisation rules checks some sanity of data
    > like total days in itenary shouldnt exceed duration of Tour and Post
    > Processing Rule add some extra checks like price of Optimisation
    > shouldn't be -ve.
    >
    > Now we have requirement that client want a document format other than C
    > ++ code in which he can specify this rule in mathematical formula and
    > give it to Optimiser. So I want to know is there a standard way like
    > XML or something which can be used to interpret formula given in non-
    > Cpp format and used it.

    What I think you're asking is "is there something that is non-C++ that
    would let us do our thing" (whatever that "thing" might be). If it's
    non-C++ that you need, why are you asking in a C++ language newsgroup?

    Generally speaking, there are probably ways to express some formulae in
    a language that would be open for converting it into executable code (if
    that's what you're after). It's called an "interpreter" and there are
    literally thousands of those out there. Do a web search to start.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 22, 2011