Question about RTL, jComboBox and setComponentOrientation

mttc

I try:
jComboBox1.setComponentOrientation
(ComponentOrientation.RIGHT_TO_LEFT);

the Drop down button is indeed place on left side, but the list still
alignment to the Left!

More two q:
+what is setAligmentX ?
+have a way to use with Horizontal Resizeable on Right to left form,
in order that size grow from Right to left when the form is resize?

John B. Matthews

mttc said:
I try:
jComboBox1.setComponentOrientation
(ComponentOrientation.RIGHT_TO_LEFT);

the Drop down button is indeed place on left side, but the list still
alignment to the Left!

I get right-to-left text; but I also see left alignment, despite using
the correct Locale. JButtons look OK, though:

<http://i41.tinypic.com/209myl1.png>

[All strings start with \u05d0; the rest is, I hope, random.]
More two q:
+what is setAligmentX ?
+have a way to use with Horizontal Resizeable on Right to left form,
in order that size grow from Right to left when the form is resize?

A JComponent's setAligmentX() and setAligmentY() methods may be used by
a layout manager, e.g. BoxLayout:

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/layout/index.html>

There may be other uses.

mttc

I get right-to-left text; but I also see left alignment, despite using
the correct Locale. JButtons look OK, though:

Now I see that this problem reported by Kirill Grouchnikov's Blog At
2006, and nothing happen since.

John B. Matthews did you know something about the RTL support?
I also try to get answer about JavaFX, I not see any RTL Support, and
I ask that here with no answer.

it'seem that Java is not preferred platform for RTL lang. this is
correct?

John B. Matthews

mttc said:
Now I see that this problem reported by Kirill Grouchnikov's Blog At
2006, and nothing happen since.

For reference:

John B. Matthews, did you know something about the RTL support? I also
try to get answer about JavaFX, I not see any RTL Support, and I ask
that here with no answer.

No, this is my first foray. I've posted code if anyone wants to try it
on their platform:

it'seem that Java is not preferred platform for RTL lang. this is
correct?

Well, on my implementation, it's displayed legibly, although I'd have
expected the margin to be flush right.

Can you post a picture of what you're seeing?

John B. Matthews

mttc said:
No need, it's like you got and like Kirill Grouchnikov's Blog.

See also
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kirillcool/archive/2006/02/aligning_menu_i_1.html

Again, it's seem that Java not for RTL lang.

I disagree. I think the appearance is acceptable. It's easy enough to
right justify the entries with a custom renderer having right
horizontal alignment:

<http://sites.google.com/site/trashgod/rtlcombotest>
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/combobox.html>

Custom selection highlighting is optional.

mttc

I disagree. I think the appearance is acceptable. It's easy enough to
right justify the entries with a custom renderer having right
horizontal alignment:

<http://sites.google.com/site/trashgod/rtlcombotest>
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/combobox.html>

Custom selection highlighting is optional.

I'm very glad to see this option. I hope that have a way to extend new
Class that include this Renderer.
Me problem is, I see the Java is better for me then .NET, but it's
have a lack discussion about RTL, and I not find

Another Issues of Java on local. I realize that Swing Drew the Font
internally, not by Win API. this cause some program to not work on
JTextArea. like a Babylon (pop up translate tools:http://
www.babylon.com/)

Until now a way to interact with Java dev team. So I try ask in this
form. but I think that most MiddelEast users prefer Microsoft, so it
have very few talking about RTL.

For example until now, no body answer about JavaFX RTL support.

thanks a lot