Question about running an ASP.NET app with no Interactive desktop login on the server

Nick Palmer

As the title suggests, I've got a question about running an ASP.NET app on a
server that has no interactive desktop login. In all our testing of our app
here,the server always had an interactive desktop login since we were
watching things on it, etc. Well I went to test it the way I would assume
our customers are going to run it, that is with no interactive desktop
login, and I get my initial page, but then I can't doing anything else. Our
app doesn't require any desktop interaction on the server so I'm not sure
why we would get this behavior. Our apps virtual directory is currently
configured to use Anonymous and Intergrated security. I'm guessing that
there is some kind of permission issue going on here, thus the question. Any
answers or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Scott Allen

Hi Nick:

Perhaps you could define "can't do anything else". Is there an
exception message? Blank screens? What happens exactly?

ASP.NET doesn't require an interactive desktop unless you are doing
something extraordinary, like with a Process class or using a COM+
server package set to run as the interactive user.