Question about Session-object

Guest

Hey all,

when we use the SQLServer mode, does the server make a db-query each time
the session object is applied or is the session data saved in the server
cache per page request?

Thanxs a lot!

Cheers,
Marc

Marina

I believe it retrieves the session at the beginning of the request, and then
saves it back at the end.

Brock Allen

I believe it retrieves the session at the beginning of the request,
and then saves it back at the end.

Correct. You can reduce that to a single roundtrip by marking your page as
EnableSessionState="ReadOnly" or "False". ReadOnly will load it, False will
just update the timeout in the DB.