    Thanks,
    Christopher Brandsdal
    Norway

    Christopher Brandsdal, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Christopher Brandsdal wrote:
    > Don't know where else to ask.
    > I'm setting up a new website with app 30.000 visits pr day.
    > http://www.valdresrmantikk.no
    > Was thinking of using MS SQL 2005.
    > There are only two problems: My wallet(lol), and what licence I need.
    >
    > There's so many different kinds of SQL 2005!
    > Can I make it with the standard edition? How many clients do I need?
    > How does the client-thing work on the internet?
    >
    > Just VERY confused on what I actually need.
    >
    > Any help is great!

    There are several newsgroups on this server devoted to SQL Server. However,
    you are unlikely to get an answer about this issue from any of them beyond:
    contact Microsoft Customer Support and ask them.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 18, 2006

  3. Christopher Brandsdal

    dNagel Guest

    Have you considered FireBird?

    http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=files

    http://tinyurl.com/8urnj

    http://tinyurl.com/dg5qf :
    About transactions, we have reached up to 2,500 transactions
    per minute with a given JDBC driver, but, again, your
    mileage may vary depending on transaction's complexity. You
    know that about little lies, lies and statistics ;-)

    D.

    dNagel, Jan 18, 2006