Question about start using ZServerSSL on win box...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas G. Apostolou, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Hello all,

    Dear Ng Pheng Siong,
    thank you for your great job with M2Crypto.

    I have got and build 0.15 version on a win xp box recently and was reading
    your "ZServerSSL HOWTO" document so that i can start using https,
    xmlprc-over-https etc.

    I have to tell that i have installed from Plone 2.0.5 binary for windows
    witch comes with Zope 2.7.0 and Python 2.3.3 (i have patched
    SimpleHTTPServer.py as corrected for 2.3.5).

    As reading your "ZServerSSL HOWTO" i suppose that the corresponding $ZOPE is
    my "C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\lib\python" because only there i can find
    $ZOPE/ZServer. Correct me if i am wrong with this...

    What i also need to know is that since i have installed so that Zope server
    runs as a service what is the corresponding steps for me in the section
    where you say :

    1.. Copy $ZSSL/z2s.py into $ZOPE.

    2.. Depending on your operating system, modify $ZOPE/start or
    $ZOPE/start.bat to invoke $ZOPE/z2s.py, instead of $ZOPE/z2.py. The files
    $ZSSL/starts and $ZSSL/starts.bat serve as examples.

    I do not have any $ZOPE/start or $ZOPE/start.bat or $ZOPE/z2.py, i only have
    a file named PythonService.exe into "C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\bin"

    Do i HAVE to reinstall Plone and set it not to run as service?

    Thank you in advance...

    Thomas G. Apostolou

    Thomas G. Apostolou, Dec 7, 2005