Question about SVGConverter from org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dobedani, May 12, 2005.

  1. Dobedani

    Dobedani Guest

    Dear All,

    I am writing a servlet that will convert some SVG files to JPEG format.
    A colleague of mine already figured out how to do this from the command
    line:
    java -jar C:\Usr\Lib\batik\batik-rasterizer.jar
    -d pathOfOutputJpg
    -m image/jpg
    -w 750
    -h 562
    -q 0.99
    -dpi 72
    pathToInputSvg > pathToLogfile

    All the given parameters are supposed to fit on one line!

    In my Java code I want to use the SVGConverter class to do the
    conversion. Now my question: I do not see how I can tell the
    SVGConverter how many DotsPerInch it should use. I suspect that I need
    to use the option PixelUnitToMillimeter for this. I suspect that I have
    to convert the dpi - in my case equal to 72 - to something else. Can
    anybody explain? TIA

    Kind regards,
    Dobedani
    Wageningen